Occupation Health & Safety Policy
People who work for Sabina are the key to the Company's success and we are committed to the health, safety and well-being of our entire workforce.
Sabina requires and enables each of its employees and contractors to maintain the health and safety of all individuals engaged in Sabina's operations and to strive to achieve an incident/accident free workplace.
To achieve this commitment Sabina will:
- Promote, prescribe and implement health and safety practices and standards throughout the Company's operations in every stage of exploration, development, production and closure.
- Make zero harm the primary goal in all our places of work.
- Comply with the requirements of all applicable health and safety laws, regulations, and industry standards.
- Ensure that all persons associated with the company, including managers, supervisors, employees, and contractors take every reasonable measure and precaution to protect the health and safety of all employees and contractors.
- Provide the necessary resources, information, training, and leadership to protect our workforce against injury, illness and hazards
- Assign employee responsibility and develop accountability mechanisms for health and safety performance within the company.
- Use best practices and management systems to identify, assess and report on potential hazards to eliminate, minimize and manage risks in the workplace.
- Develop company-wide readiness to anticipate and respond to potential incidents.
- Empower and encourage employees, contractor and stakeholders to actively raise any health and safety issues, without repercussion.
- Continuously review and improve our health and safety record.
- Thoroughly investigate accidents, incidents and near misses and implement procedures and policies in a timely fashion to prevent re-occurrence.
- Work proactively with the public, contractors and governmental agencies to foster collaborative working relationships.
- Regularly set targets, monitor performance and report on outcomes in order to identify and correct any deficiencies.
Every employee has the right to work in a safe and healthy environment.Zero harm is Sabina’s number one objective.We expect a strong commitment to health and safety from all employees and contractors to achieve this goal.
|Original Approval Date:
|Last Revised and Approved: